[squeak-dev] Swiss speed page is a bit out of date...

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jan 19 23:52:19 UTC 2017

> On 19-01-2017, at 3:21 PM, Ben Coman <btc at openinworld.com> wrote:
>

> And imagine where we will be in another 10 years.

Well it should be interesting. I suspect we’re near the end of single core performance increases of any dramatic degree. So we should be thinking of ways to make good use of many-core systems for Squeak.

Note that on a good modern x86 desktop you can anticipate something like 3B bytecodes/sec and 200M sends/sec - and at that level it probably makes the benchmark even less meaningful.

tim
No, I don't explode cats. It's way too difficult to coax them into the microwave