[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Morphic-eem.1340.mcz

Jakob Reschke jakob.reschke at student.hpi.de
Sat Jun 3 17:51:15 UTC 2017

Am 03.06.2017 7:18 nachm. schrieb "Eliot Miranda" <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>:

> On Jun 3, 2017, at 2:32 AM, Jakob Reschke <jakob.reschke at student.hpi.de>
wrote:

> <commits at source.squeak.org>:
>> Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
>> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-eem.1340.mcz
>>
>> =============== Diff against Morphic-eem.1339 ===============
>>
>> +                       (anEntry isBehavior and: [anEntry name ==
aSymbol]) ifFalse: "When is this ever false?"
>> +                               [anEntry := anEntry class].
>> -                       (anEntry isKindOf: Class)
>> -                               ifFalse:        [anEntry := anEntry
class].

> The condition is false for globals such as Smalltalk and
SystemOrganization.

Right.  I meant when is anEntry name == aSymbol false.

The only thing that comes to my mind is a renaming import from another
environment, an Alias value. But it does not make sense to browse the class
of it just because of the name, or does it? Could the name check be left
out?

Smalltalk and SystemOrganization are not classes so no issue.  So the issue
is traits.  Do you  want to update the comment here?

I would have to go via the Inbox, so it would be faster if a core committer
did it. And thanks to your change of using isBehavior, traits are no longer
an issue for this piece of code.