[squeak-dev] What is a Worldlet, why does it have a nil worldState and why is it installing flaps?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Mar 1 22:02:53 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 1:19 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> World menu-> objects, click on Multimedia tab.
> Blah blah EventRecordingSpace blah blah newStandAlone, addSuppliesFlap
> etc.

It’s new class/code added since 5.1 so somebody must remember what they did
> and why they didn’t test it.

It's code Tim brought over from the squeakland image, and it used to work
fine.

But it was broken subsequently by a code change in
PasteupMorph>>displayWorld.

That method used to say "self outermostWorldMorph privateOuterDisplayWorld"
which looks for the actual world whereas now it accesses worldState
directly. I guess Marcel was unaware that there are PasteupMorphs that are
not The World, hence do not have a worldState.

If you revert that method it works, but I'll leave it to Marcel to come up
with a proper fix (he deprecated privateOuterDisplayWorld).

- Bert -