[squeak-dev] Object>>className

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Mar 24 00:17:43 UTC 2017

> On 23-03-2017, at 3:10 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would rather get rid of "create inst var accessors" altogether, then
> you would not have that problem.   :)

If I could think of a way of getting away with it I’d make it completely impossible to make methods with the same name as an ivar. All it does is encourage the sort of scoundrels ( cads! bounders! mountebanks I tell you!) that treat classes as Pascal records or C structs. Didn’tortabealloweditellya.

tim
 Negligent (adj.), describes a condition in which you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightgown.