[squeak-dev] Changes file

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Mar 29 17:26:27 UTC 2017

> On 29-03-2017, at 9:13 AM, Louis LaBrunda <Lou at Keystone-Software.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a Squeak program that I run headless on a Raspberry Pi.  The program starts when the
> Raspberry boots (Raspbian Jessie Lite).  The image is never saved.  The same image is always
> run when the Raspberry boots.  Do I need the changes file?  It seems to grow every time the
> program starts.  Can I stop this?  Thanks in advance for any and all insight.

If you simply rename your prepared headless image after saving it then when it starts up it will not find the changes file. That *should* be enough; it works for Scratch. The sources file will still be found unless you remove it completely (probably not a good idea on your development machine!) but since we don’t write to it you won’t really notice.

tim
Starbucks are, of course, run by the Caffeinatti.