[squeak-dev] Work on object explorer

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue May 2 09:11:23 UTC 2017

Thank you Patrick for the illustrative gif video clip.

Regarding dragging out list elements from the Inspector. I my
Sq6.0a-17230 image I can not confirm that this is possible. What am I
missing? It would be great to have this option.

Just trying to understand your code. You add method

Object

explorerContents

	^ (self class allInstVarNames asOrderedCollection withIndexCollect:
[:each :index |
		ObjectExplorerWrapper
			with: (self instVarAt: index)
			name: each
			model: self]) ,
		((1 to: self basicSize) collect: [:index |
			ObjectExplorerWrapper
				with: (self  basicAt: index)
				name: index printString
				model: self ])

There are other implementations of explorerContents

Collection
CompiledeMethod
Dictionary
Integer
MatrixTransform2x3
OrderedDictionary
SequenceableCollection
Set
XMLelement
XMLNodeWithElements

What is the reason for adding this method?

--Hannes