[squeak-dev] Keyboard navigation in browsers?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Sun Nov 5 12:02:41 UTC 2017

Hi Bernhard,

unfortunately, keyboard interaction in Squeak's tools is rather plain and hard-coded. If you want to look into code, here are the places:

Editor, TextEditor, SmalltalkEditor >>
#initializeCmdKeyShortcuts
#initializeShiftCmdKeyShortcuts
#dispatchOnKeyboardEvent:

PasteUpMorph >> #filterEvent:for:
DockingBarMorph >> #filterEvent:for:
SystemWindow >> #filterEvent:for:

PluggableListMorph >>
#keyStroke:
#previewKeystroke:
#specialKeyPressed:
#modifierKeyPressed:

PasteUpMorph >> #keystrokeInWorld:

All messages in the form "*Key:from:", which are usually the callbacks from PluggableListMorph.

Best,
Marcel
Am 04.11.2017 23:34:34 schrieb tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org>:

> On 26-10-2017, at 8:13 AM, Bernhard Pieber wrote:
>
> Is there a way to move the focus between the different lists in a browser by keyboard? I searched the mailing list and looked a bit in the code. However, I did not find anything.

I haven’t found anything either; it would be useful thing to have.

tim
Everybody repeat after me....."We are all individuals."