[squeak-dev] More pluggable dialog fun (was Re: FileChooser/SaverDialog)

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:44:15 UTC 2017

On 11/7/17, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

>> On 07-11-2017, at 12:09 AM, H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Yes. A useful (intermediate only?) goal is to get a reworked and
>> configurable FileChooser/SaverDialog dialog and have duplication of
>> code removed (FileList2). Not necessarily done with ToolBuilder [1].
>>

> Take a look at FileChooserDialog/FileSaverDialog and see if it works for
> you.

Yes, I loaded it a few days ago (from where?).  It worked fine and the
ToolBuilder code is very readable.

The only problem I noticed is that the dialog  is not resizable and
this is what you have been discussing so far in this thread.

The folder or dirrectory hierarchy is not fully visible if you have
long directory names.
Maybe just using a scroll pane for the directory hierarchy would be sufficient.