[squeak-dev] Accessing MYSQL from Squeak

Benoit St-Jean bstjean at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 20:57:21 UTC 2017

You will also need to implement this method in Integer (in latest Squeak version it was removed):
asByteArray

    | stream |
    stream := ByteArray new writeStream.
    self digitLength to: 1 by: -1 do: [:digitIndex |
        stream nextPut: (self digitAt: digitIndex)].
    ^ stream contents
I'm able to run most test here.  Some changes were done in the flasg to indicate ZEROFILL columns.  As long as you do not use that crap, everything should be fine! (All failing tests use that stupid "feature").  But it should not be that hard to fix if you absolutely need that : as I said, the was a change in some protocol flags and column description constants so it's probably where the problem lies.
Beside, it it possible that your Squeak version doesn't have an ExternalStructure flag.  No worry.  You just won't have to run the code snippet I indicated to initialize that stuff.

-----------------
Benoît St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Twitter: @BenLeChialeux
Pinterest: benoitstjean
Instagram: Chef_Benito
IRC: lamneth
Blogue: endormitoire.wordpress.com
"A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero".  (A. Einstein)

    On Thursday, November 16, 2017, 3:25:14 PM EST, Chris Cunnington <brasspen at gmail.com> wrote:

 > I'm also having trouble finding/loading the main MYSQL package.
Hmm.
Colin started this MySQL driver business. But there’s nothing publicly available from him anymore. Whatever tantalus was it’s not at his repo now.
http://source.wiresong.ca/
Try these.
http://www.squeaksource.com/MySQL.htmlhttp://www.squeaksource.com/IOSPersistent.htmlhttp://www.squeaksource.com/MySQLtesting.html
There’s also this long page of chunk format for a driver. Revolting though this page is, it does have the jdm initials which correspond with the Squeak Wiki page about a MySQL driver I gave you previously. It’s probably the accompanying driver for that wiki page.
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-smalltalk/2007-09/msg00037.html
Chris