[squeak-dev] - This looks more like a recent error!

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Nov 21 00:45:11 UTC 2017

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 02:50:33PM -0800, Chris Cunningham wrote:
> object again.  Select Presentation, you get an error while it is trying to
> build the thumbnail for TabbedPalette.  In particular, this line errors out:
> aTab addMorph: (sk := self world drawingClass withForm: aGraphic).
> self world here returns nil - which obviously doesn't understand
> #drawingClass.
>
> And I am on update 17519 (updated to latest before finding these issues).
>
> -cbc

Thanks Chris,

I think I fixed this one. A TabbedPalette is one of several kinds of morph that
does not know its world, so self world was not working as a replacement for
World.

I see another bug that may be similar in nature. When I open objects(o) and
then move the ObjectsTool morph around, the mouse pointer gives a red X, so
possibly another case of assuming that morphs generally know their world,
when apparently there are quite a few cases where this is not so.

Sorry for introducing these problems, I'll try to make them right as soon
as I can.

Dave