[squeak-dev] World/currentWorld and projects

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Nov 21 20:49:42 UTC 2017

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:18:21AM -0800, Chris Cunningham wrote:
> Hi.
>
> When creating a new project and entering it, I found that World ~= self
> currentWorld.
> (I found this out by using non-core package that referenced World for some
> morphs, and 'normal' morph creation in related code - some of the morphs
> showed up in the parent project, and some in the current project.  It was
> confusing for a while).
>
> In any case, if you create a new Morphic Project, enter it, and execute
> this code, you will see that currentWorld (and ActiveWorld) are not the
> same as World:
>
> World "a PasteUpMorph(2434915) [world]"
> self currentWorld "a PasteUpMorph(3230487) [world]"
> ActiveWorld "a PasteUpMorph(3230487) [world]"
>
> Is this intentional?

No, that is not intentional.  I have restored the earlier versions of
finalExitActions: and finalEnterActions:. Can you please update one more
time and see if the problem goes away?

Also, if you find issues that seem to be related to a non-core package,
can you say what package is involved?

Thank you very much for testing this, I am really sorry for causing the
disruption.

Dave