[squeak-dev] ActiveWorld and World globals

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 04:22:58 UTC 2017

On Sunday 26 November 2017 12:06 AM, tim Rowledge wrote:
>> On 25-11-2017, at 7:09 AM, H. Hirzel<hannes.hirzel at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> ... The most useful feature is  that you can easily move objects
>> in and out of the subproject to the parent project.
> … except I haven’t made any noticeable use of projects in decades.
> The only reason I ever used to use them was to have separate
> changesets for different bits of work and and as soon as there were
> multiple changesets available with a tool to manipulate them I
> dropped Projects completely.

I found projects quite useful for organizing different topics or
whiteboarding an idea within a Morphic world. See attached picture for
example. Each investigation or exploration goes into a separate Project.
If I am interrupted in the middle of an investigation, I just open up
another project, clarify the idea and then resume my original project.

I have faced issues (nothing serious) while moving projects from one
image to another or from one VM to another. I also have to keep deleting
projects because having too many active slows my session but that is
understandable given my RAM constraints.

Regards .. Subbu