[squeak-dev] MorphicProject subclass: #EtoysProject

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 12:46:32 UTC 2017

Dave

your change set contains the class EtoysProject with

EtoysProject selectors

#(#finalEnterActions: #restoreGlobalPreferences #saveGlobalPreferences
#initializeProjectPreferences #configureOnFirstEntry
#finalExitActions:)

For complete configuration of a EtoysProject it might be necessary to do

     PasteUpMorph subclass: EtoysPasteUpMorph

as well.  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6461

Then Etoys related methods may be pushed down to EtoysPasteUpMorph.
And probably an Etoys specific subclass of WorldMenu would be fine as well
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6461

there is a test project [2] and some more information about adaptions
needed because of the UI changes in the thread 'Etoys in 2017?' - UI
preferences [3]. And it would be good to have Etoys methods /
configuration separate  [4].

I suggest that you start go ahead and start implementing this while
using a test Etoys project dropped onto the desktop.

--Hannes

[2] > You simply drop it in. E.g. download this project
> http://etoys.laptop.org/src/Content/ExampleEtoys/CarAndPen.014.pr

[3] Hannes Hirzel, 'Etoys in 2017?' mail, Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 11:01 AM

[4] David T. Lewis, Sep 4, 2016 at 3:34 PM
"I think it would be great if both Etoys and Scratch were easily
loadable and unloadable in trunk."