[squeak-dev] FileList2>listForPattern(s): and MessageSend abuse

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 20:08:43 UTC 2017

And the registration mechanism in FileServices was intended to replace
the one in FileList.

So it is like you buy a new Kenwood and still keep and old blender (or
accessory parts of it) around.

It is a matter of putting old things into the dustbin and moving the
bin out of the house to be emptied.

And active effort is needed to clean up and this is what people do
here all the time. Not a new issue. You have to work on a room by room
or shelf by shelf basis.

The question is what to do so that the cleaning task of FileList /
FileList2 remains manageable.