[squeak-dev] Source lookup in .changes file fails in headless mode on Linux

Max Leske maxleske at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 16:20:31 UTC 2017

Hi,

We have a problem with the Seaside tests in Squeak 5.1. The underlying
issue is that source code lookup fails in headless mode on Linux (not
reproducible on macOS). To reproduce evaluate in headless mode:

Object compile: 'foobar ^ [ 1+ 2] value "blah"'. (Object>>#foobar)
getSourceFromFileAt: (Object>>#foobar) trailer sourcePointer.

This will signal an error (RemoteString past end of file). (Note: I checked
the alternative conditions in CompiledMethod>>#getSource: the method
trailer has no temp names, no #source property but has a source pointer).

I would appreciated it if someone would look into this.

Cheers,
Max

Environment:
Ubuntu 14.04 and 17.04