[squeak-dev] MorphicProject subclass: #EtoysProject

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Oct 10 16:09:33 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 12:28 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 09, 2017 at 12:05:16AM +0200, H. Hirzel wrote:
> > On 10/8/17, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Is that initial project available as a *.pr file, or on a web site?
> >

> > You simply drop it in. E.g. download this project
> > http://etoys.laptop.org/src/Content/ExampleEtoys/CarAndPen.014.pr
> >
> > Link given by Bert F.
> >

> Well d'oh! I did not realize it was the same project, sorry.

​It's not actually that project :)

If you have a version of Etoys, it's the "Home.007.pr" file in the
Resources directory.
"ReleaseBuilderSqueakland new buildInitialScreen" loads this and two other
projects.

Etoys on SqueakJS uses
https://freudenbergs.de/bert/squeakjs/Etoys/sqindex.json and similar index
files in the subfolders to fetch its template files on demand. So these are
the three pre-loaded projects:
https://freudenbergs.de/bert/squeakjs/Etoys/Home.007.pr
https://freudenbergs.de/bert/squeakjs/Etoys/Gallery.031.pr
https://freudenbergs.de/bert/squeakjs/Etoys/Tutorials.015.pr

The canonical source for this used to be a subversion repository at
http://etoys.squeak.org/svn but we lost that in the rackspace server move.
​Or, at least we lost the web access to it, the files should still be
there, I think.

- Bert -