[squeak-dev] Transfer of binary data between images

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Fri Oct 20 10:18:40 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I want to spread an algorithm over several images. For that I need to
transfer some objects.

For other purposes I already read and write objects via JSON files. To
change this to UDP is straightforward. But the conversion to JSON and
back takes considerable time, biggest chunk of data is an array with floats.

Is there a fast and easy way to transfer objects binary between images?
I can transfer only the array of floats (maybe a float array) if that
saves time.

Thanks,

Herbert