[squeak-dev] CustomMenu building and services (was Re: Changes to Browser building/opening)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Oct 21 23:01:32 UTC 2017

After tracing through the menu building (oh, my) the problem I see with an MVC file view window menu is that the services added in (I think) SimpleServiceEntry>>#addServiceFor:toMenu: add the label and selector and argument BUT there is an assumption about the list of arguments which is unmet. Thus we end up with a menu having a 21 entry list of labels/selectors and only 4 items of arguments. So the code at the end of CustomMenu>>#invokeOn:orSendTo: that tries to do
`ifFalse:
				[recipient perform: aSelector withArguments: (self arguments at: anIndex)]]`
… which must fail since arguments at: 21 cannot work.

tim
Strange OpCodes: SLTMDL: Shift Left, Test Mask and Dim the Lights