[squeak-dev] sudo apt-get install NuScratch fails in 2017-09-07-raspbian-stretch-lite

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Tue Oct 24 21:40:53 UTC 2017

Hi Tim,

I have solved the problem.  It seemed like the .so files were present and where they should be
but they were not being found.  To test this theory, I copied /usr/lib/libpigpio.so and
/usr/lib/libpigpiod_if2.so to the same folder as the Squeak VM.  After that everything worked
as expected.  I have asked Dave Lewis off line if there is a better way than copying the files.
I will post what I end up with when I'm sure what is best.

Thanks again.

Lou

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 10:23:31 -0700, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

>> On 23-10-2017, at 8:26 AM, Louis LaBrunda <Lou at Keystone-Software.com> wrote:
>
>>  I tried:
>>
>> sudo pigpiod
>>
>> just to see what would happen.  The response was:
>>
>> 2017-10-23 10:58:46 initInitialise: Can't lock /var/run/pigpio.pid
>> Can't initialise pigpio library
>>
>> Does that tell us anything?
>
>That seems to me to confirm that pigpio was installed and that something else is stopping it
 which is pretty much where my ‘expertise’ in linux runs out.

--
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.