[squeak-dev] FileChooser/SaverDialog

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Oct 31 00:29:19 UTC 2017

> On 28-10-2017, at 3:02 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> initial state for the saver to be just the text field and a more-here indicator that would open the directory tree/file list views

Trying to make a dialogwindow paneMorph accept a sequence of morphs and lay them out is proving wierd. And the spec side of dealing with a dialog window seems to need a fair bit of work too, since we’re not really using (so far as I can tell) any of the ‘standard’ buttons provided. As best I can work out for the moment the resizing of the child morphs gets manipulated by the dialog, no  matter what I wanted them to be.

Indeed I’m not completely convinced I should be trying to do this via ToolBuilder anyway since it does seem to restrict that range of actions a bit. Maybe the better way is to have a plain Morph built dialog and use UiManager to decide on whether we make a morph or an mvc widget.

Since I can’t find any example code that actually uses dialogs with changing children morphs, I have to ask if anyone has actually done it before?

tim
Strange OpCodes: IML: Invoke Murphy's Laws