[squeak-dev] How should one implement a custom window color for a custom window?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Sun Sep 17 07:38:11 UTC 2017

Well, the class UserInterfaceTheme is independent from Morphic. It belongs to the system. Kind of a more fancy version of Preferences with a slight tendency towards visuals only instead of "interaction stuff".

Best,
Marcel
Am 16.09.2017 20:05:23 schrieb tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org>:

> On 16-09-2017, at 2:40 AM, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> I am sorry that the core mechanism of the User Interface Themes confuses you. :)

Ah, it’s just the price of getting old and senile. You young whipper-snappers just don’t understand. Now git orff moi lawn!

> The idea of application-specific UI properties, such as window colors, kind of overlaps/interferes with the idea of general widget theming.

I don’t have any problem with your theming as such; it’s a jolly good thing. It’s the non-implemented #customWindowColor message and the sneaky (not necessarily bad, but hard to find, follow and document) usurpation of dNU: that bothers me a bit. Instead of trapping a fairly crucial system error doohickey and performing unnatural acts upon its person why wouldn’t you just implement #customWindowColor in UserInterfaceTheme ?

tim
Strange OpCodes: OKP: On your Knees and Pray!