[squeak-dev] Squeak graphics colloquium

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Sep 28 01:05:25 UTC 2017

URLs for some of the things we discussed -

Donations
https://pharo.org/contribute is the equivalent to the Python thing

These are two papers about World and KScript
http://www.vpri.org/pdf/m2013003_ksapps.pdf
http://www.vpri.org/pdf/tr2013002_KSonward.pdf

Two of Lawson’s videos, referring to opengl experiments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSLZKIXeXR4&list=PL6601A198DF14788D&index=53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsJmBwi9lDY&index=52&list=PL6601A198DF14788D

https://pharoweekly.wordpress.com/2016/04/30/new-opengl-bindings-for-pharo-5/

A couple of other points
With COG able to create and install/run code we could imagine generating a lot more code dynamically instead of having (some) plugins.
Even without making use of GPUs we could benefit from separate threads running graphics operations.
Many-core systems are on the immediate horizon; not merely four or eight but 50+. ARM cpus can be printed on plastic roll for (supposedly) 1c each.

tim
USER ERROR: replace user and press any key to continue.