[squeak-dev] Windows, stdin, stdout

Benoit St-Jean bstjean at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 10:16:12 UTC 2018

Is there any way I can start squeak from a command window, *headless*, and WITHOUT providing a script and have an interactive application^  Say, for instance, my application waits for input and answers back the square of the number I type in?
I've tried a gazillion examples I found and it just doesn't work at all...
I'm on Windows 10 if that helps.
I get all kinds of errors : stdout is not open or "VirtualProtect(x,y,PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE): No error" or missing ', or variable out of scope (WHAT?!?!?)...
In other words, I'm fed up trying.
I could do that stuff in 2 minutes in any other language and this makes me sick!
</rant>

-----------------
Benoît St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Twitter: @BenLeChialeux
Pinterest: benoitstjean
Instagram: Chef_Benito
IRC: lamneth
Blogue: endormitoire.wordpress.com
"A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero".  (A. Einstein)

    On Friday, April 6, 2018, 5:28:13 a.m. EDT, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:

On 4/6/18, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice@ gmail.com> wrote:
> nicolas.cellier.aka.nice@ gmail.com>:
>
>> By re-routing one or two rivers, it sounds effectively possible, but we
>> need may little washing particles
>>

> No I don't promise it for May, I meant many

Nicolas,

Do you have a particular idea how  an implemenation plan/ outline of
tasks to do  for 'rerouting the rivers for the water to be used for
cleaning' would look like?

--Hannes

Hi Hannes,
isn't it precisely what Tim (and you) are trying to achieve thru this call to goodwill?

>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Labours_of_Hercules#Fifth_
>> labour:_Augean_stables

>>> However, it's interface is a bit dated and could do with some
>>> improvements.
>>>
>>> I agree that the UI is a bit blah (and your suggestions are interesting)
>>> but far more worrying is the out of date state of so many pages.  Every
>>> now
>>> and then I go on a minor rampage to mark obviously obsolete pages,
>>> delete
>>> clearly ridiculous one, recycle those pages, update stuff where I know
>>> what
>>> can be improved and so on. We suffer from a colossal swathe of
>>> effectively
>>> empty pages generated by some long-gone process/project that appeared to
>>> consider that dumping class name as page and (maybe) sticking class
>>> comments in was a good idea. There are strings of pages forming the
>>> promising beginnings of tutorials that simply fade out
>>> to.........{crickets}
>>>
>>> Almost anyone can help to clean up the swiki. Pick some page from the
>>> front page, follow it down the rabbit-hole a bit, look at the pages that
>>> link to a duff page, clean them up a bit, recycle bad pages, rewrite
>>> poorly
>>> thought out explanations, maybe replace ancient screenshots with ones
>>> taken
>>> from a current Squeak.  (as an example, take a look at
>>> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/ 3480 - lots of very out of date examples