[squeak-dev] Squeak REPL (was Re: Windows, stdin, stdout)

Benoit St-Jean bstjean at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 8 20:28:56 UTC 2018

Just to give my 2 cents on the subject, when I started this thread I was just asking for an easy way to have an interactive headless console application.
Quite frankly, I never had the need to compile Smalltalk expressions from a prompt and I've never seen the benefits of it.  If one wants to execute Smalltalk code, we do have the capability to do it by providing a script as an argument!  Yes, it's quite nice to be able to do so when you want to show off how cool is Smalltalk but is there any *real* use for such a functionality?  I doubt it!

Benoît St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Twitter: @BenLeChialeux
Pinterest: benoitstjean
Instagram: Chef_Benito
IRC: lamneth
Blogue: endormitoire.wordpress.com
"A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero".  (A. Einstein)