[squeak-dev] Usability of Squeak FFI for anything serious...

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 14:01:02 UTC 2018

So I started to improve the Squeak FFI:
-1) I corrected pointer arithmetic on 64 bits
http://source.squeak.org/FFI/FFI-Kernel-nice.48.diff
-2) I prepared the possibility of having automated layout spec updates
http://source.squeak.org/FFI/FFI-Kernel-nice.49.diff

Note that the FFI plugin by itself did not change.
The next steps should be to provide support for native platform alignment
of fields and unions.
I'll focus on these when i can.