[squeak-dev] Finishing 5.2 (was Re: Project for 'after 5.2 release')

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 04:23:25 UTC 2018

On Monday 13 August 2018 06:44 AM, tim Rowledge wrote:
> Yes, but IIRC the VMs usually do some OS calls to find the display
> metrics and then reduce the header-requested size if needed. So*if*
> the build machines have some setting that is small - as one might
> imagine on a headless build server? - then you get screwed.

I expect the display plugins to check and recover from out of range
values. The code in
platforms/unix/vm-display-X11/sqUnixX11.c:setWindowSize() does this
check already.

We could generalize this and set the WxH sizes in the header to zero to
mean "let the display plugins pick a reasonable size". The above code
sets the default to 640x480.

Regards .. Subbu