[squeak-dev] [BUG]Preferences class(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #soundsEnabled

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:22:01 UTC 2018

> First, thanks for feedback.
> Now I should be the Mantis coordinator and we have now a 5.2 project for
> made bug reports.
> I send another mail asking for how to have a easy mail send from inside
> Squeak.
> Take my ail about soundsEnabled as proof of collecting info for made a
> Mantis report.
> The error comes from importing my old SmartTrashMorph, a long time ago
> when you throw some morph on Trash a sound is produced.
>
> SoundService soundEnabled is which we have now , so no bug only need
> change old code>

Still, we have a responsibility to document what are the major changes and
what are the expected uncompatibilities, or even better, the typical
refactorings expected from external (client) code...

Even better if we have (semi) automated rewrite rules like promoted by
Pharo in case of deprecation.

I would expect to read about this in the release notes, but's it's hard to
gather just before releasing if we failed to collect those while we were
changing the core classes...