[squeak-dev] Documentation

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Aug 18 17:23:30 UTC 2018

> On 18-08-2018, at 7:07 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Aug 18, 2018, at 6:02 AM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> WebClient and WebServer are the only packages that have real HelpBrowser documentation for both reference and use.
>> It would be nice to have similar documentation for other classes. But the framework is pretty much there
>
> +1000.  But this should be *in each package*.

Obviously any package can include content intended for the Help Browser system. That content can be of quite a variety of forms, ranging from actual in-image strings to swiki page content that is loaded at need. If it isn't already there I don't imagine it would be hard to arrange for the content to be stored in the comments of otherwise innocuous methods and thus effectively stored in the changes file.

The key issue is *not* any worry about how to store the stuff. We're a bunch of programming gods - we can make that stuff work any way we want. It's creating useful, meaningful, reliable, up to date helpful content that actually helps people. *That* is hard work.

tim
Useful random insult:- Teflon brain -- nothing sticks.