[squeak-dev] On authentic learning and Dynabook

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Mon Aug 20 17:36:43 UTC 2018

Hi Hilaire!

I also have been reading your posts (I enjoy them, and thanks for the
posts) but had not commented... until now.

I want to plug a stuff here.  There is a book titled "Inventive Minds"
coming on the way.  https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/inventive-minds

It is a collection of essay by Marvin Minsky with commentary from
people who had close ties with him, including Alan Kay.  I am working
on the translation of Japanese version of it.

Most of those essays are actually available on line, under the "Essays
on Education --- (for OLPC)" on Marvin's page:
https://web.media.mit.edu/~minsky/.

For example, OLPC memo 1 talks about what students can do with some
geometry manipulating software.  Other memos discusses related ideas.

You might have come across those essays while ago.... But now they
will be available in the book form!

--
-- Yoshiki