[squeak-dev] 5.2a (18179) Test Results on Windows - 32bit and 64bit

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 23:11:20 UTC 2018

Hi again.

After the discussion a while back about 64 bit being slower than 32, I ran
the full test suite for the latst 5.2a release against both on Windows.

32bit - 22:52.193
64bit - 25:07.789

Yep, looks like the truth.

The results - same number of failures (21) and expected failures (29) on
both.
32bit had 2 errors
  - WebClientServerTest>>#testGetFields (Test timed out)
  - AllocationTest>>#testOutOfMemorySignal

64bit has 2 errors:
  - WebClientServerTest>>#testServerDestroy (twice) (Test timed out)
No idea why it had it twice - weird.

Both also had 1 unexpected passes as well.  How do you find these in the
TestRunner?

Hmm.  The timeouts - before writing this email, I tried it a few times and
continued to get timeouts. Then, looked away, fiddled, and they ran.  After
clicking on one of them about 30 times, I got the timeout error again, then
once again they are clearly sub-second.  Very annoying heisen bugs.

The 32bit outOfMemorySignal is failing at
allocationTest>>vmParameterAt:put:, where it is getting called to set parm
67 to 1712567184 (instead of 0, which it was previously).  I'm not sure how
to debug this - anything else that would help?

Thanks,
cbc