[squeak-dev] 5.2a (18179) Test Results on Windows - 32bit and 64bit

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Sun Aug 26 20:38:40 UTC 2018

On Sat, 25 Aug 2018, Chris Cunningham wrote:

> Hi again.
> After the discussion a while back about 64 bit being slower than 32, I ran the full test suite for the latst 5.2a release against both on Windows.
>
> 32bit - 22:52.193
> 64bit - 25:07.789
>
> Yep, looks like the truth.

I tried running the tests myself on windows 10 and they really take
extremely long to finish compared to linux. I suspect that I/O operations
(files and network) are responsible for this.

> The results - same number of failures (21) and expected failures (29) on both.
> 32bit had 2 errors
>   - WebClientServerTest>>#testGetFields (Test timed out)
>   - AllocationTest>>#testOutOfMemorySignal
>
> 64bit has 2 errors:
>   - WebClientServerTest>>#testServerDestroy (twice) (Test timed out)
> No idea why it had it twice - weird.
>
> Both also had 1 unexpected passes as well.  How do you find these in the TestRunner?

I think the passing test has been fixed. I don't remember which one it
was, but it was a fairly basic one.

Levente