[squeak-dev] preview of Caffeine talk

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Aug 28 12:31:10 UTC 2018

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 12:18:57PM +0200, Craig Latta wrote:

>      Ben writes:
>
> > Wow.  Really amazing. (although in places it changed screens a bit
> > fast and I had to rewind to read the full text.)
>
>      Thanks. Yeah, that's tricky. Others have said it lingers too long
> on text. I guess I should do something about the slides that have a lot
> more text than the others, but there's a lot to say. :)  Aha; whenever
> there's more than a few seconds of text I should put some meaningful
> animated graphics demo in the background, taking more than enough time
> for reading.

I expect this is a hard thing to to get right.

I also found that the workspaces were going by too quickly for me to
read and digest the first time. My reaction was to replay the video a
few times, stopping to read the workspaces. That is a lot different
from my usual reaction to on-line videos, which is to get bored part
way through the video, and never watch the rest.

If your intention was to hook my interest and get me to look and
think twice, then it worked.

Dave