[squeak-dev] Cannot accept a method in debugger

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 10:45:28 UTC 2018

Le dim. 9 déc. 2018 à 11:34, Nicolas Cellier <
nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
> in trunk image, I've been unable to accept a method in debugger. It barked
> about Process stack (but cannot remember the exact message), or maybe was
> it:
>
>     'aContext not in process chain'
>
> I could restart once from upper level, but the next time I modified a
> method in the debugger and attempted a restart, the debugger freezed.
> So I've hit ALT+CMD+.
> and I've got an error like:
>
>     The active process cannot pop context...
>
> Then hundreds of windows with:
>
>     Error (Object)>> doesNotUnderstand #contextStack
>
> Mphhh, sorry for the vague description, I don't know if I can recover the
> state of this image so as to be more specific (its a multi hours
> computation failure... and now a multi-minutes 'close all window like this'
> in progress...).
>

> Nah, can't recover... Interrupting the 'close all window like this' with
CMD+SHIFT+. leads to hundreds of window with:

    Error: Instances of UndefinedObject are not indexable

with single line of Context: UndefinedObject(Object)>>error:
huh, and now the UI is frozen, and at this point, I'll just kill the image
without ability to reproduce.

But there's something fishy