[squeak-dev] Another modal dialogue issue (was Re: inescapable modal dialog in trunk)

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 00:14:35 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 20, 2018 at 11:33 AM karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think Elliot means if you save a method and go through setting all the
> variable names, and then encounter a error, you have to redo the selection
> of variable names again next time you save. The system forgets the
> selections when it encounter the error.

Exactly.  Try the following in a workspace with "auto declare variables
turned *off*)

a := Rectangle fromUser.
b := Rectangle fromUser.
c := [:e :f| e intersection: f. value: a value: b

What happens is we're prompted to declare a & b (and do so using "declare
as method temp").  Then we hit the syntax error from the missing ] after
"intersection: f".  The error message is inserted and our painstakingly
supplied variable declarations are lost in the ether.

> Best,
> Karl

Thanks Karl.

--