[squeak-dev] PostgresV3 with parameter binding

Pierce Ng pierce at samadhiweb.com
Sun Dec 23 02:48:34 UTC 2018

Hi Levente, Balázs, and all,

I've modified PostgresV3 to support parameter binding so that parsing
SQL with placeholders and binding/executing with data are done
separately. So far tested inserts and selects successfully.

I've created an account on Squeaksource called PierceNg.  Happy to
contribute my changes to the Squeaksource repo if you grant me commit
access.

I'm more of a Pharo user, and intend to make PostgresV3's TLS work with
Pharo, and also to develop a more friendly API for it. Of course I will
keep protocol state machine changes in sync between the Squeak and Pharo
versions.

Screenshots:

1 - Wireshark capture of a select protocol exchange.

2 - Pharo inspector of a PG3ResultSet. More work needs to be done - the
left-most column should not be large negative numbers.

Cheers,

Pierce
https://www.samadhiweb.com/blog