[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tests-pre.404.mcz

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Sat Dec 29 19:20:10 UTC 2018

Am Fr., 7. Dez. 2018 um 13:28 Uhr schrieb <commits at source.squeak.org>:

> Patrick Rein uploaded a new version of Tests to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tests-pre.404.mcz
>
> =============== Diff against Tests-dtl.403 ===============

[...]

> Item was changed:
> + ----- Method: MCMockClassA>>d (in category 'numeric') -----
> - ----- Method: MCMockClassA>>d (in category 'as yet classified') -----
>         ^ 'd'!

[...]

Note that the category was "classified" instead of "unclassified" before.
;-) Looks like a joke to me.
This made a code serialization test in a non-trunk Monticello-related
package fail and I wondered all the time what caused it... the test
compares serialized code with an expected string, which still contains the
old category, of course.
So now the test would need one expected string for Squeak <= 5.2 and a
different one for later, or it must build the expected string dynamically.
:-(

What do you think, should we rather revert this one category change instead?