[squeak-dev] WebClient httpGet: 'http://freegeoip.net/json/' works on windows not linux

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Feb 26 20:03:46 UTC 2018

> On 26-02-2018, at 11:17 AM, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> So, i have some debug info in there, but only if you make a debug build.
> Do you want to create one on your own or should I try tomorrow?

The 'instant test' of simply running the debug vm rather than bothering with gdb results in the same failed prim (surprise!) and a list of found symbols in the termianl window -
 ./debug/sqcogspurlinuxhtRPi/squeak Squeak6.0alpha-17650-TPR.image
Found symbol ASN1_STRING_data in dlhandle_ssl
Found symbol ASN1_STRING_length in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol BIO_free_all in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol BIO_new in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol BIO_s_mem in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol BIO_ctrl_pending in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol BIO_ctrl in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol BIO_write in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol BIO_read in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol ERR_print_errors_fp in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_CTX_free in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_CTX_ctrl in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_accept in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_connect in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_free in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_ctrl in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_get_error in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_get_peer_certificate in RTLD_DEFAULT
Found symbol SSL_get_verify_result in RTLD_DEFAULT

Which probably doesn't mean much to anyone so I guess I'll look up my notes on the joys of running gdb and try again. I hate gdb.

tim
Strange Opcodes: FART: Fill Accumulator from Result if True