[squeak-dev] Deprecating code

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jan 8 00:42:11 UTC 2018

As part of my quest to improve the file related dialogs I had to deprecate quite a few methods. Currently I’ve moved all of them (I think!) to a package ‘60Deprecated’, which may or may not be the right one. If it isn’t which is?

It would be nice if someone with a firm grip on the subject could spend a few minutes updating the swiki page - http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3940
- to give people like me a better view of what to do.

Further, whilst looking for all the places where I might have deprecated stuff I noticed quite a few methods marked with
self flag: #deprecated instead of self deprecated: ‘explanation of why and what to use instead’. And a some simply marked with self deprecated, with no sort of hint about why. It *looks* like pretty much all of them are marked ‘mt' or ‘topa', so if you folks could spend five minutes to update them a little it would help with deciding what to do for the next release.

tim
Semolina - a  system of signalling with pudding.