[squeak-dev] Animation

Hilaire hilaire at drgeo.eu
Fri Jan 12 10:12:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have been trying the Animation package[1] wtih Squeak5.1. I can't get
the animation to work, it immediately terminate:

|| myMorph | myMorph := Morph new topLeft: 100 at 100; extent: 400 at 400;
openInWorld. myMorph fadeOut.|

Looks like the animation registry does not exist:

|register||||    AnimAnimationRegistry value||||        ifNil: [self
finish]||||        ifNotNil: [:registry | registry register: self].|

|AnimAnimationRegistry value| always returns nil. Did not see code to
instantiate a singleton one.

Code was load through local filetree repo. Can't get the Metacello
preview get installed when following instructions[2]. But it is another
problem.

Thanks

Hilaire

[1] https://github.com/hpi-swa/animations