[squeak-dev] Serious garbage/storage leak issue with MCInfoProxy

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jan 18 23:56:34 UTC 2018

> On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 3:24 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I interrupted this and did a very cursory stack examination. Some object had not understood isLiteral and from there what looked like an attempt to turn this stub into a real object caused FlexibleVocabularies-who.NN to start to download.

It seems extra-odd that the FlexibleVocabularies package seems to be empty these days.

I see a tenuous connection from using the pointerchaser to #isLiteral (Object>>#shouldFollowOutboundPointers is sent from PointerFinder>>#follow:from:) but quite why that would lead to FlexibleVocabularies I have no idea. Maybe proxy things should over-ride #shouldFollowOutboundPointers ?

tim
Objects are closer than they appear.