[squeak-dev] URGENT Re: Exceptions-cmm.49.mcz on source.squeak.org is empty :-(

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 13:23:33 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 5:18 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
wrote:

> On 19 January 2018 at 14:16, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bert,
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 5:10 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have a diff from FlexibleVocabularies-ar.12. Attached.
>>>

>> Thnaks!  Is it safe to delete the .mcz on source.squeak.org and upload
>> the .mcd via a repository browser?  I'm assuming yes, but want to check.
>>

> ​No. It is indeed empty. All seems correct. What's your actual problem?

I have been debugging a compactor problem that only shows up when doing
ReleaseBuilder saveAsNewRelease in an image that has the refactoring tools
loaded.  In doing so I noticed I had a corrupted (empty sources)
Exceptions-cmm.49.mcz.
The simulation of this image was taking so long I interrupted it to find it
was sorting the files in my package cache.  So I started creating a
cut-down package-cache containing only the tp files.  At this point the
repository browser started warning me about empty packages and that made me
suspect that  FlexibleVocabularies-bf.13 was corrupted also.

So right now the situation is that the version of Exceptions-cmm.49.mcz on
source.squeak.org is broken and needs to be replaced.

best, Eliot