[squeak-dev] Exceptions-cmm.49.mcz on source.squeak.org is empty :-(

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Jan 21 20:59:51 UTC 2018

On 19 January 2018 at 19:03, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 9:39 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Bert,
>>

>> On Jan 19, 2018, at 5:17 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>
>> wrote:
>>
>> On 19 January 2018 at 06:04, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Strange, diff with fbs-48 shows two categories removed.
>>>
>>> Was Exception moved to Kernel?  So this package is now empty..?
>>>

>> ​Yes.
>>

>> So we should save an update map that omits Exceptions and
>> FlexibleVocabularies right?  If so, I'll do it presently.  Then they will
>> be eliminated by the ReleaseBuilder.
>>

> Of the following:
>
> PackageInfo allPackages select: [:p| p extensionMethods isEmpty and: [p
> classes isEmpty]]
>
> { a PackageInfo(Exceptions) .
> a PackageInfo(ScriptLoader) .
> a PackageInfo(FlexibleVocabularies) .
> a PackageInfo(Universes) .
> a PackageInfo(311Deprecated) .
> a PackageInfo(SmallLand-ColorTheme) .
> a PackageInfo(Autogenerated) .
> a PackageInfo(SmallLand) .
> a PackageInfo(50Deprecated) .
> a PackageInfo(TrunkScript) .
> a PackageInfo(Autogenerated ) .
> a PackageInfo(Squeak-Version)}
>
> which should be eliminated?  I vote for 311Deprecated, Exceptions, and
> FlexibleVocabularies.  What are the others for (excepting Autogenerated)?
>
>> - Bert -​

MCWorkingCopy allManagers select: [:wc| wc packageInfo extensionMethods
isEmpty and: [wc packageInfo classes isEmpty and: [
#(hasPreamble hasPreambleOfRemoval hasPostscript hasPostscriptOfRemoval)
noneSatisfy: [:hasScript |  wc packageInfo perform: hasScript]]]]

​=>​
 {a MCWorkingCopy(FlexibleVocabularies).
a MCWorkingCopy(Exceptions).
a MCWorkingCopy(ScriptLoader)}

​Those 3 should be eliminated. ​But none of them are in the latest config,
as far as I can tell. So we apparently did that already.

You can simply delete the working copies, and we should do the same in the
trunk build process.

- Bert -