[squeak-dev] Update from 17650 to 17303? Really?
Ken G. Brown
kbrown at mac.com
Wed Jan 24 22:24:48 UTC 2018
I’ve just attempted to get to the latest bleeding edge 64bit for macOS 10.13.3 and found a similar numbering mismatch on updating.
Here’s my tale of attempt at getting up to date…
• Looked on squeak.org for the latest development versions.
• Went to Downloads, Current Alpha Version (a.k.a. "Trunk" or "Bleeding Edge”) and got to http://files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit/ <http://files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit/>
Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-201704270225-macOS.zip <http://files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-201704270225-macOS.zip> 2017-12-19 17:08 31.6M File
Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-All-in-One.zip <http://files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-All-in-One.zip> 2017-12-19 17:08 35.6M File
Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit.zip <http://files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit.zip> 2017-12-19 17:08 17.1M File
• expanded Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-All-in-One.zip <http://files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-All-in-One.zip>, double clicked Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-All-in-One.app, clicked Skip for Welcome to Squeak, did Save As New Version, don’t see the image and changes, find them in the .app by doing Show Package Contents. This seems very non-Macish, I like to see the image and changes in the folder where I am working. ...Give up on all-in-one.
• expanded Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-201704270225-macOS.zip <http://files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-201704270225-macOS.zip> and find Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit.app
• expanded Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit.zip and find:
Put Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit.app in the same folder as the image and changes, I don’t see the sources file but think maybe it is hiding in the .app. Drag the image on the .app and get error saying it cannot find the sources file. Look for v60 sources file on files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit/ <http://files.squeak.org/6.0alpha/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit/>, don’t see it. Find http://files.squeak.org/sources_files/ <http://files.squeak.org/sources_files/> but latest version is SqueakV50.sources.gz <http://files.squeak.org/sources_files/SqueakV50.sources.gz>, try putting that in the same folder as image, changes and .app, that works.
• Skip Welcome to Squeak ‘Configure'
• Do Save As a new Version, find the new image and changes in the same folder, looking good.
• Look at About Squeak to see the VM version, find:
> /Users/kbrownmp/myStuff/mySmalltalkStuff/Sqkb/0Sqkb6.x/17595/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit.zip Folder/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit-temp.image
> latest update: #17595
> Current Change Set: Unnamed1
> Image format 68021 (64 bit)
> Virtual Machine
> /Users/kbrownmp/myStuff/mySmalltalkStuff/Sqkb/0Sqkb6.x/17595/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit.zip Folder/Squeak6.0alpha-17595-64bit.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak
> Croquet Closure Cog[Spur] VM [CoInterpreterPrimitives VMMaker.oscog-eem.2203] 64 bit
> Mac OS X built on Apr 27 2017 02:52:10 UTC Compiler: 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 7.3.0 (clang-703.0.31)
> platform sources revision VM: 201704270225 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git $ Date: Wed Apr 26 19:25:21 2017 -0700 $ Plugins: 201704270225 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git $
> CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.2203 uuid: 12d4afae-8498-4e76-8efe-60eba6ef4db2 Apr 27 2017
> StackToRegisterMappingCogit VMMaker.oscog-eem.2203 uuid: 12d4afae-8498-4e76-8efe-60eba6ef4db2 Apr 27 2017
VM seems kinda old dating back to Wed Apr 26 19:25:21 2017, will try to find a current one, could use tips for doing that.
• Do Squeak/Update Squeak, seems to update without error…get in Transcript:
========== Update completed: 17595 -> 17303 ==========
This seems incorrect.
Ken G. Brown
> On Jan 24, 2018, at 13:53, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> Just did an update. Loaded ok.
> But -
> <Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 12.46.42 PM.png>
> … and Transcript output -
> ========== Update completed: 17650 -> 17303 ==========
> Pretty sure that ought not be the case...
> tim Rowledge; tim at rowledge.org <mailto:tim at rowledge.org>; http://www.rowledge.org/tim <http://www.rowledge.org/tim>
> Oxymorons: Sweet sorrow
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Squeak-dev