[squeak-dev] The Trunk: ReleaseBuilder-mt.178.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Jan 28 19:22:28 UTC 2018

> On 28-01-2018, at 10:57 AM, Marcel Taeumel <marcel.taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Eliot,
>
> well, I am not super happy with the status quo. Yet, I cannot think of a simple way to improve the situation.

One (small, admittedly) part of an improvement would be to drastically reduce the volume of preferences. Do we still need thoroughSenders? run long test cases ? checkForSlips? twentyFourHourFileStamps? And on and on for a rather large list.

Eliot’s idea of classes owning relevant preferences seems nice but requires a tool to gather them up into one place for Marcel’s use - but don’t we have a tool for that in the pragma stuff?

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Noli me vocare, ego te vocabo = Don't call me, I'll call you.