[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Collections-kks.798.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Jul 7 17:48:21 UTC 2018

This seems like a good thing to do - add the logic in setString:setRunsChecking:
to ensure that the RunArray size matches the actual string size.

I think that the ifNil: check should go back in, because a nil RunArray is
probably a common case, and the nil check is very fast.

But that draws my eye to something else. Looking and the method history, this
check has been in place since at least 1997:

	(aRunArray isKindOf: RunArray) ifFalse: [^ aString asText].

This looks like some leftover check from early development, and I cannot
imagine that there would be any need for it today. So maybe we can get rid
of the isKindOf: and put the ifNil: check back in.

Dave