[squeak-dev] Dynabook concept, critic view

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jul 19 16:58:29 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 04:12:54PM +0200, Hilaire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some of you may be interested on the point of view of a
> teacher-developer on the Dynabook concept. Here is a little writing about it
>
> http://blog.drgeo.eu/post/2018/The-Dynabook-Concept

Thanks Hilaire,

This is a really interesting post, and your "Active Essay" page at
http://blog.drgeo.eu/post/2018/Dr.-Geo-and-Dynamic-media is good to read
also.

Regarding teachers, I had the impression that teachers were very active
and involved in the Etoys project. I recall from that mailing list
(http://lists.squeakland.org/pipermail/etoys-dev/) that much of the
discussions came from teachers, and the people doing development seemed
to be focused on supporting them. Maybe someone who was involved in the
project can comment further, but that was my impression.

Dave