[squeak-dev] Project for 'after 5.2 release'

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jul 24 02:24:15 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 06:54:55PM -0700, Chris Cunningham wrote:
> Just noticing the number of things that at least one person has flagged for
> 'after 5.2':
>
> * ProvideAnswerNotification and UIManager (
> http://forum.world.st/ProvideAnswerNotification-and-UIManager-td5081488.html
>  )
> * Making ServerDirectory example work (
> http://forum.world.st/ServerDirectory-example-login-is-dead-td5061704.html )
> * Fixing DateAndTimeLeapTest>>#testAsSeconds (
> http://forum.world.st/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=1294792&query=Some+failing+tests+in+Squeak5.2alpha&n=1294792
> )
> * Making EToys and Morphic separation clearer (
> http://forum.world.st/The-Inbox-Morphic-hjh-1453-mcz-td5079588.html#a5079826
> )
> * Make EToys unloadable (
> http://forum.world.st/The-Inbox-EToys-hjh-333-mcz-td5079273.html#a5079454 )
> * EToysProject (
> http://forum.world.st/MorphicProject-subclass-EtoysProject-td4974975i60.html#a5078814
> )
> * HelpBrowser fixes for Text (
> http://forum.world.st/Improving-SqueakToolsHelp-class-gt-gt-fontSizeSummary-reveals-problems-in-Text-amp-styles-td5081938.html
> )
>
> Thanks,
> cbc

That is a good thing :-)  The items in this list are things that are likely
to introduce instability to trunk if we start working on them right now, so
it is better to wait for the release before pushing changes into the trunk
for these issues.

Let's focus on getting the 5.2 release done, including giving Edgar our full
support to close any issues that are critical to the release. Once that is
done, we can address the issues that are flagged for follow up.

Dave