[squeak-dev] [TEST PLANS] We need your support for making Squeak better

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 16:34:57 UTC 2018

Hi Edgar

On 5/26/18, Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Added.
> But you don't need go to 3.8.
> 3.10.2 should work and if not send mail to me.

It works fine in 3.10.2 as well.

> For a complete forensics, 4.5 could be updated almost to 4.6 final, when Cog
> brings us speed and troubles :=)

This probably does not work generally, see new test case below.

A new test case is here
Load a small piece of 'active content' (a "slide"), together with
construction code and instructions
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2765

Result
- 3.2 .morph file was created in Squeak 3.2
- 3.8.1 - loads fine
- 3.10.2 - loads fine
- 4.4 - does NOT load
- 5.1 - does NOT load
- Squeak6.0alpha #17233 - does NOT load
- 5.2a - loads fine

Another test case from the VM-developer list

1. On macOS Sierra, version 10.12.6 (16G1314).
2. Downloaded most recent Squeak5.2alpha -macOS.zip,
3. extract it,
4. copy it to a new folder and open it.
5. Click on maximize button in the  Squeak window.

EXPECTED RESULT
The Squeak window is maximized.

CURRENT RESULT
Squeak crashes