[squeak-dev] Morphic window resize limit behavior

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Sat Jun 9 17:35:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

In Squeak 4.4 (for example) there is a limit to how small I can resize a, say, Browser window, when dragging from the lower-right corner to the upper-left corner.

In Squeak 5.x, including trunk, there is no limit (or the limit is zero or 0 at 0 or 1 at 1 or somesuch).

Is there a reason for this, or is this a bug/regression?

IMHO the current behavior of not having a limit is uglier in comparison.

I also wonder if this current behavior (of having no limit) also may play into the pretty ugly (IMHO) behavior when one drags an, e.g. Browser window, into the open area of the "Squeak" shared flap (the left flap) and lets go.  (A Squeak 4.4 image with default settings doesn't seem to allow a Browser window to drop into a shared flap, so I haven't compared its behavior.)

I can provide screenshots if requested.

Thanks,
Tim