[squeak-dev] The Inbox: EToys-hjh.333.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jun 12 03:37:20 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:29:49PM +0200, H. Hirzel wrote:

> On 6/11/18, Chris Cunningham <cunningham.cb at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> rotationCenter is an optional not an intrinsic geometric property like
> >> bounds, extent etc. So should it be moved into the category "rotate scale
> >> and flex"?
> >>
> >> rotationCenter also works with other properties like forwardDirection etc.
> >> They should also be considered for merging into Morphic. In fact, all the
> >> methods in Etoys-geometry could be moved to Morph as they don't use
> >> anything specific to Etoys (player).
> >
> > Looking at the definitions in the image, there are 4 definitions of these
> > methods.  The 3 definitions NOT in Etoys are in the method category
> > 'geometry etoy'.  So I'd suggest putting them there to at least have all of
> > them in the same place.
>
> So the proposal is to
>
> a) to move all from category '*Etoys-geometry* to category *geometry
> eToy* and then the two methods
>
> rotationCenter and rotationCenter:
>
> to category 'rotate scale and flex'

I think that Chris Cunningham is supporting your original proposal to move
rotationCenter and rotationCenter: from '*Etoys-geometry' in package Etoys
to 'geometry eToy' in package Morphic.

This seems right because it is consistent with other implementers of
rotationCenter and rotationCenter: in Morphic.

Subbu offered some additional suggestions, but let's get your original
fix into trunk first :-)

Dave